Campaigners accuse police of double standards ahead of Habib Ullah vigil

Hard struggle for Mussarat - Habib's wife

by: Bucks Free Press
published: 11 June 2014

Campaigners have accused the police of double standards as they prepare to hold a vigil to mark the sixth anniversary of the death of Habib ‘Paps’ Ullah. Justice4Paps will hold a peaceful protest outside Wycombe police station on June 19 as it continues its quest for answers over his death.

The 39-year-old suffered a cardiac arrest during a stop-and-search in Sharrow Vale on July 3, 2008. He was being restrained by officers who were trying to force a drugs package out of his throat.

Mr Ullah’s sister, Nasit Mahmood, said the family is still seeking closure six years on from his death – yet pointed to a case last week in which a man was charged and due before the courts within two weeks of allegedly assaulting two officers.

She said: “A man assaults police officers in High Wycombe and is arrested and charged and will be due in court in just over two weeks.

“My brother died during a stop and search involving four officers, and the family have been waiting almost six years for a decision to be made on whether or not to charge the officers involved and bring them to trial.

The system does not seem to work when police are the alleged perpetrators.”

Read full article >

Advertisements

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s