Download Update: Click Here >
Habib ‘Paps’ Ullah died on Thursday 3rd July 2008 during a stop and search by Police Officers on a vehicle in a car park in High Wycombe at approximately 7.15pm. He was 39yrs old and leaves behind a young family.
There will be a peaceful candle lit vigil for Habib outside High Wycombe Police on Wednesday 3rd of December 5-7pm followed by a public meeting on deaths in custody at the Bucks New University main lecture hall around the corner @ 7pm.
We are marking going into the 6th month since Habib died to increase awareness of our campaign, to keep his name in the public eye and keep the pressure up on the IPCC and the Police. As the weeks and months go by other events may happen and we all fall into our normal routines of life but for Habib’s family they are continuing to live a nightmare as they wait for the Coroner’s reports and the Inquest.
We are hoping that the Sean Rigg family members will be joining us for the vigil and the meeting.
Details of their campaign here >
The Justice for Habib ‘Paps’ Ullah campaign was set up with the family, friends and supporters and so far we have organised the following:
- Why the initial autopsy conducted by the Police on the 4th of July was conducted without prior knowledge or consent of the family and significantly without the IPCC being notified?
- Only Two vigils at the Police Station and Wycombe town centre in July
- A public meeting, a demonstration/rally in town and a press conference in August
- An Iftari/breaking fast meal during September/Ramadan and a campaign bulletin.
- Campaign attended the United Families & Friends rally against deaths in custody in October marching to Downing St. and a vigil outside Brixton Police station for the Sean Rigg campaign in November.
- The campaign has set up a Facebook page and a website and we have uploaded videos about the incident/campaign onto Youtube.
The IPCC are still investigating the incident and the conduct of Police Officers at the scene. The family & campaign are currently awaiting the toxicology report from the Coroner. They are concerned about the increase in deaths of Asians and in particular Muslims in custody since 2000:
- Habib Ullah 2008
- Nadeem Khan 2007
- Nuur Saeed 2006
- Azrar Ayub 2004
- Sajjad Hussein 2004
- Zahid Fausal 2004
- Anwar Islam 2004
- Shahid Aziz 2004
- Iqbal Shamraz 2003
- Ertal Hussein 2003
- Zahid Mubarak 2000
We will continue to fight for the truth and for justice for his wife and children, his wider family and friends to ensure that nothing like this happens again in Thames Valley and across the country.
Justice for Habib ‘Paps’ Ullah campaign
Zia Ullah – Family contact: 07869360377
Saqib Deshmukh- Volunteer information worker: 07766464358
Two families unite for justice >
18th November 2008
Families United in grief >
30th October 2008
Youtube videos: See our ‘Video’ sections >