published: 1 October 2014
The family of a Slough man who died following a stop and search by police has said it’s ‘unacceptable’ to have to wait seven years for answers about his death.
On Tuesday the date for a new inquest was confirmed for Habib ‘Paps’ Ullah’ who died in 2008.
It follows the collapse of the first inquest in 2010 due to the revelation police officers had made changes to their statements.
The new inquest is scheduled to take place on February 2 next year.
Since the 39-year-old’s death, Mr Ullah’s family and friends set up the Justice4Paps to establish the truth in relation to the case.
Read full article > Continue reading
source: BBC News
published: 8 August 2014
The family of a man killed in a police search have reacted with anger to the news no charges will be brought against officers over his death.
Habib Ullah, 39, collapsed during a routine stop-and-search in a High Wycombe car park in July 2008.
The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) decided there was not enough evidence to charge the officers involved. But the police watchdog has found a case to answer for gross misconduct against five Thames Valley officers.
by: Bucks Free Press
published: 11 June 2014
Campaigners have accused the police of double standards as they prepare to hold a vigil to mark the sixth anniversary of the death of Habib ‘Paps’ Ullah. Justice4Paps will hold a peaceful protest outside Wycombe police station on June 19 as it continues its quest for answers over his death.
The 39-year-old suffered a cardiac arrest during a stop-and-search in Sharrow Vale on July 3, 2008. He was being restrained by officers who were trying to force a drugs package out of his throat.
Mr Ullah’s sister, Nasit Mahmood, said the family is still seeking closure six years on from his death – yet pointed to a case last week in which a man was charged and due before the courts within two weeks of allegedly assaulting two officers.